Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Esmee sings "No One" by Alicia Keys



Man.....you guys can say what you want, but this lil lady can SING!!! I emailed the link to this clip to a couple of my dark friends, and some actually responded with some passive hate. "She can sing....but she needs to watch what she does with her mouth." I could just hear the bitterness in that one. If that were the case, Rachelle Ferrell should just hang up her mic! Hell...in fact, Alicia Keys makes some pretty weird faces when she sings too! I KNOW she's mealnin-challenged, but really folks....let's give credit where it's due.

P.S. Yesterday, I saw a clip of a young Asian girl singing the SHIITE out of "And I Am Telling You". I'll post the clip when I find it!

5 comments:

Another Conflict Theorist said...

Peace Brother,

Another post! My amazement is slowly turning into pride.

You know, I'm not a big fan of most singers these days. The all pretty much seem kind of vacuous. What you should have done was embed Paul Potts on 'Britain's Got Talent.' That was inspirational. A real dude with real insecurities taking advantage of his one moment to shine.

BLESSD1 said...

Peace ACT,

Your amazement is turning into pride? Man...I'm gonna have to actually do this more often! LOL! I feel you on your statement. I'm searching daily for good music, since so little is being generated nowadays. All of the singers wanna sound like Beyonce, and all of the rappers wanna make "ringtone music", which I find pretty vacuous. I'm gonna check out Paul Potts' performance and hit you back on that one. Thanks!

jali said...

I'm going home to see this (block at work).

I love Alicia Keyes - she's such a gifted performer. I don't understand the sistah-hate I get from some of my contemporaries.

Oh - Paul Potts brings tears to my eyes.

What I love is melody that brings emotion - the words are an important accessory - I miss music that really moves me.

BLESSD1 said...

Hey guys!

Jali, I think you'll enjoy this girl's singing. It's pretty darned good.

ACT...I checked out Paul Potts performance, and was utterly speechless! It was INCREDIBLE...especially since this guy obviously had NO CLUE about how good he actually is. Good looking-out on that one!

jali said...

She's really great. I'm glad you posted this.

I'm impressed that you continue to post - thanks!